Ongar Development Group (ODG)
The Ongar Development Group (ODG) comprises of members of the local community and representatives from Blanchardstown Area Partnership, Blanchardstown Youth Service, Castaheany Educate Together National School, Ongar Community Council, Ongar Primary Care Team, and Fingal County Council (FCC). The first meeting of the ODG was convened in May 2009 to share information on issues in the Ongar area and to develop joint initiatives. Following consultation with the local community later that year, the group agreed to develop a strategy of work for the Ongar area.
Since forming the group have:
- Established a youth club;
- Organised community consultations (in partnership with FCC);
- Organised annual community days (in partnership with FCC);
- Established small grants schemes for local groups (funded through FCC);
- Met with local elected representatives outlining the issues and challenges facing the community of Ongar;
- Continued to support the Ongar Community Centre
If you live in Ongar and would like to get involved with your community or would like information on the ODG please contact Ongar Community Centre on 018260366.